We are a vertically integrated grower owned cooperative based in Traverse City, Michigan which offers its employees the opportunity to significantly impact the life of our grower owners as well as the customers and consumers we serve. We offer competitive compensation and a best in class benefit package.
The Company: Cherry Central is a sales and marketing organization supporting a cooperative of grower/processors throughout North America. Cherry Central serves market channels throughout the United States and the world.
- Our purpose is to bring healthy products to market direct from our growers.
- We believe in long term relationships and serving our broad customer base.
The Position: We’re looking a National Sales Manager, Foodservice
Reports To: Executive Director, Ingredient and Foodservice Sales
Manage and develop Foodservice sales activities by performing the following duties.
- Candidate must have experience selling to buying groups, foodservice distributors, national chain accounts, USDA, and K-12.
- Candidate must have excellent attention to detail and be well organized
- Candidate should be willing to recommend organizational process improvements
- Candidate must possess reasonable computer skills, and be able to learn new programs
- Candidate must possess effective communication skills, both oral and written
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant buying groups.
- Attend trade shows as needed to maintain corporate participation.
- Oversee all relevant RFP purchasing opportunities with all food service customers.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Advise plants on competitive activity and market conditions.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs and develop corresponding products
- Develop and maintain USDA and other bid activities.
- Work with customer service to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Analyze sales statistics to formulate policy and assist distributors in promoting sales.
- In conjunction with R&D, work with plants to advise on quality standards.
- Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Deliver sales presentations to key customers.
- Meet with key customers to maintain relationships
- Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer base expansion.
- Work with product development to continue to strategically expand product line
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Oversee commodity processing strategies to best leverage our abilities
- Oversee USDA canned, and juice solicitation opportunities and maintain USDA relationships
APPLY TODAY: email@example.com