Apple and Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
- 4 cups cooked shredded pork butt roast
- 1 cup smoky or mesquite bottled barbeque sauce
- 1/3 cup Michigan Apple juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium Michigan Apples*, cored, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- 6 crusty sandwich rolls, split
*Suggested Michigan Apple varieties to use:
Ida Red, Rome, Empire, Gala, Jonagold, Jonathan, McIntosh.
Combine pork, barbecue sauce and apple juice concentrate in large saucepan. Heat over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add sliced apples and cinnamon-sugar. Cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until apples are tender.
Divide pork mixture evenly over bottom half of rolls. Spoon cooked apples over pork. Cover with tops of rolls.