Baked Brie with Chipotle Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) round brie
- 2 cups whole cranberries, rinsed
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 small dried chipotle pepper, de-seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest from one lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the brie on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until soft.
2. Meanwhile, place the cranberries, water, sugar, and chipotle pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, until the berries have softened and the sauce is thick.
3. Top the baked brie with the honey, followed by the cranberry mixture and lemon zest. Serve with an assortment of nuts, bread, and sliced apples for dipping.
The Cranberry Marketing Committee and Anetta Simpson of The Wanderlust Kitchen