Lemon Asparagus Pasta
- 1/2 pound pasta (any short shape will work!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups Michigan Asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Cook your pasta according to package instructions, reserving pasta water before you drain it.
In a separate pan, heat olive oil. Add asparagus over medium high heat. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Uncover and add the garlic and juice of 1 lemon. Cook for another 8 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender but still crisp.
Lower the heat to low and add the drained pasta, 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water, and juice from the 2nd lemon. Season with salt and pepper and add parsley and parmesan cheese. Stir everything together.
Serve with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe was created by Lauren of Lakeshore Lady. Source: michiganasparagus.org